June 07, 2012

Deliciousness: Raspberry Sorbet + Fresh Mint

It hasn't felt too much like then end of spring/start of summer here on the coast of New England with rain everyday for the last week. But that hasn't stopped me from treating myself with pretty flowers, fresh flavors from my budding garden and this delicious (and ridiculously easy!) raspberry sorbet and fresh mint. I made this for dessert when we had some friends over for grilled pizzas a few weeks ago, and I will say, it's nice to have an easy go-to dessert recipe like this when your time is spent perfecting the entrée. This would be a perfect dessert for upcoming July 4th cookouts or any summer soirée you're planning.

IMG_2538

IMG_2540

IMG_2551

Raspberry Sorbet + Fresh Mint

{Ingredients}

4 cups fresh red raspberries

{Instructions}

1. Freeze fresh raspberries for 2 hours.

2. Combine raspberries and simple syrup in a food processor and pulse until berries are pureed. (I haven't tried a blender but I'm sure you could use one if you don't have a food processor).

3. Transfer sorbet into an airtight glass container and freeze for 2 hours until it hardens. Can be kept up to 3 days.

4. Garnish with fresh mint and serve.

If you want to get fancy, find some pretty glass dishes to serve your sorbet in, like the antique glasses I found at the local antique shop in Marblehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next previous home