May 14, 2012

Inspiration Column: New England Clambake

clambake_board

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a lovely weekend in the sun. I started flipping through the summer food issue from Martha this weekend and it is brimming with mouth-watering summer recipes that I can't wait to try. It got me to thinking about our traditional summer lobster feasts and clambakes that I get giddy for each year when the warm temps start to roll in. There's nothing better than soaking up the sun on the water during the day, diving for lobsters (I did catch a few of my own last summer!), and cooking them up back at the house while sipping on an ice cold beer or maybe one of these. Throw some old newspaper on the table, print up these quick DIY claw place cards (if you want to get a little fancy) and check out these ideas for an easy table scape. If you like to plan ahead of time like me, you'll want to send out a quick invite for the party and it can be as easy as throwing the date and time on one of these cheers cards from Fig. 2. What are your favorite ideas for a summer party? 

{Photo credits} Row 1: Lobster place cardsBancroft Studios lobster platter Row 2: Pottery Barn table scape, Row 3: Fig. 2 cheers stationeryBoiled Maine lobsterRaspberry cobbler Row 4: Striped navy strawsStrawberry Tequila Daisy from OSBP, Chambray and striped shorts (unknown source, anyone know?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next previous home