April 30, 2012

Inspiration Column: Lush Green Garden

garden_board

The cherry blossoms have bloomed and the tulips are budding around here and I am so so anxious to get my hands in the dirt this spring. Last year was the first spring in our new home and we weren't quite sure what the previous owners had planted or what would pop up next. This year we've decided to do a bit of our own landscaping and a patio herb garden with some of my favorites including mint for delish mojitos, basil for my homemade spaghetti sauce (passed down from my Ma and Memere), thyme, and lavender for bunching near bedside tables, sachets and yummy teas. I can't wait. And just so I remember what's what, and who needs what, I'll be keeping my notes in this sweet little journal. I mean, how could I not? What's popping up in your garden this year? I'd love to hear what works well for you!

{Photo credits} Row 1: Vegetable start favors / Rifle Paper Garden Journal / Martha Stewart's Culinary Herb Garden / Row 2: Champagne mojitosAntique Hummingbird Feeder / Row 3: how to trim and prepare delicious baby artichokes / Palm tree outdoor lumbar pillow / gorgeous succulent bouquet / Row 4: Chalkboard painted terra cotta herb pots / Super spinach smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next previous home