September 13, 2012

A smile from 1963

My grandmother sent me a little note in the mail yesterday on a card that I designed at my first job out of college. How cute is she? Tucked inside the card was this picture of my grandfather circa 1963 when he was about 17 years old. Handsome, huh? (He's the one on the right). It was taken at Wildcat Mountain where they all worked together and clearly fooled around like kids do. My grandfather passed away last year at the young age of 64. Seeing this picture of him smiling touched me deeply. He was so young, yet so determined and in the years following this picture, he built a wonderful life for himself and his family. I am at a point in my life where I don't know what will come next. But I do know where I came from and that if you're truly passionate about something, you'll make it happen in ways that you never imagined.


Thank you to my amazing grandmother for always sending me the best letters at just the right time. I will always cherish them. Thanks, Mere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next previous home